How does the system work?

The central boiler plant is fuelled by Natural Gas. Hot water from the central plant is pumped around the building as required to supply each apartment. There is a heat interface unit (HIU) in each apartment that converts this hot water into heating and domestic hot water. Local controls in each apartment enables customers to easily set their time schedules and temperatures to match their own requirements.

How do I operate the heating system?
The heating system is operable via the Danfoss time-clock located on the wall inside the apartment. The operating instructions for this unit can be found in the information booklet supplied to each apartment or you can view these short videos that simply explain how to program your heating:

How do I control the temperature?

The temperature is controlled via the thermostat which is part of the Danfoss time-clock located on the wall inside the apartment. You may also have thermostatic valves on your radiators to control local temperatures in each room.

Do I need to program my Hot water?

No. Hot water is supplied instantly through a plate heat exchanger so there is no need to schedule your water use.

How are meter readings taken?

Meter readings are recorded for individual apartments via a central processing unit located within the central plant of the apartment complex; therefore, access to apartments is not required to take individual meter readings. Readings will be based on actual recordings of units consumed and not on estimated units of energy consumption.

What do I do if I have a problem with the heating and/or hot water in my apartment?
If you are having a problem with your heating and/or hot-water in your apartment please follow the steps in our Trouble Shooting Guide which may help you to resolve the issue but, if not, point you the right direction as to who to contact.

Who can I contact to report a problem with my heating or hot water?
Kaizen Energy are responsible for the centralized plant & equipment and operate 24/7 cover; problems during normal working hours should be directed by email to or by phone on 01 6853516. Should you have a problem with your internal apartment equipment such as pipes, valves, showers, taps or controllers please contact your landlord or management agent to resolve.

Who can I contact if I have problems with my supply or my account
Internal problems within your apartment should be directed to your landlord/agent. Problem associated with the main heating system or your account should be directed to Kaizen Energy during normal working hours by phone on 01 6853516 or by email on and we will provide you with assistance.