How do I register with Kaizen Energy Ltd for supply of heat to my apartment?

Your Kaizen Selfcare account can be accessed via the Kaizen Energy app or the Selfcare Portal.

Click the “Sign in” button if you already have an account, or click the “Sign up” button if you need to register for heat supply for the first time.

What are the main elements of the heating system?
The central boiler plant is fuelled by Natural Gas. Hot water from the central plant is pumped around the building as required to supply each apartment with heating and domestic hot water. Local controls in each apartment enables customers to easily set their time schedules and temperatures to match their own requirements.

How do I operate the heating system?
The underfloor heating system is operable via the controller and thermostats located throughout your apartment. There are up to 10 separately controlled heating zones in the apartment. The operating instructions for the controllers can be found in the information booklet provided to each apartment or can be viewed HERE.

Do I need to program my Hot water?
No. Hot water is supplied instantly through a plate heat exchanger so there is no need to schedule your water use. Simply turn on your hot tap or shower and you will have a constant supply of hot water.

How are meter readings taken?
Meters are installed in landlord risers outside each apartment and within each town house. Meter readings are taken from each premises heat meter via a central processing unit located within the central plant room of the development. Therefore, access to premises is not required to take individual meter readings and meter readings will be actual recordings of units consumed.

What is involved in the billing process?
Bills will be issued bi-monthly based on the kWh energy consumption per apartment at the current heat tariff rates. Bills will be issued to tenants as named on the apartment lease. The amount on each bill is due for payment 14 days from when the bill is issued.

What are the charges on my heat invoice?
The heat tariff is made up of three charges. The usage charge is calculated using the kWh metered at your premises and the usage rate that is set based on the cost of gas and the efficiency of the main system. The standing charge is similar to the supply charges levied by any utility provider and relates to the fixed costs of providing the heat service regardless of usage. The sinking fund charge is a fixed daily charge that is held by your owners management company for future replacements of the central plant & equipment.

How often do the tariff rates change?
Energy rates are calculated by using input gas costs and the system efficiency of the main plant and equipment on site. Our rates are currently not fixed due to global inflation in energy costs. Rates are now revised bi-monthly in conjunction with the management company and may increase or decrease dependent on gas rates and system efficiency levels.

Who can I contact to report a problem with my heating or hot water?
Kaizen Energy are responsible for the centralized plant & equipment and operate 24/7 cover; the out of hours emergency contact number is 086 057 5607. Should you have a problem with your internal apartment equipment such as pipes, valves, showers, taps or controllers please contact your landlord or management agent.

Who do I contact if I have a query on my bill?
Please contact our office by email or phone 01 6853516. Our office hours are Monday – Thursday 9:00AM – 5:00PM and Friday 9:00AM – 4:30PM

How do I close my account?
If you are moving home, please provide us with written notification by email:, and we will issue you your final bill, which can be paid through our website. Please note that your closing bill cannot be paid by direct debit. Please allow a minimum of 7 days’ notice before departure.

What do I do if I am an owner who wants to sublet my apartment to a tenant?
The apartment owners are ultimately responsible for any account transfers. If you are renting out your apartment then contact our office by email to provide the new tenants details and we will arrange for a new account to be opened in their name and for a closing invoice to be issued in your name to your postal address. The heat account will be moved back into your name between lets.